Fishing knuckle buster reels is often a love hate relationship, but it doesn’t have to be. The Anti-Reverse MR2 offers all the joys of a single action reel without the threat of a big chinook exacting revenge on your hands.
The Islander ARMR2’s innovative design adds a clutch between the handle and the spool prevents the handle from spinning backwards thereby saving your knuckles. This feature is great for children, those making the transition to single action from levelwind, and those who prefer not to have their reflexes tested while enjoying time on the water.
Free Spool Lever
The ARMR2’s frame side free spool lever allows you to disengage the drag system to quickly drop your gear to the desired depth without the need to adjust your drag. Anglers who are particular about their drag settings appreciate the simplicity as it lets them get to depth with minimal hassle.
Silky Smooth Cork Drag
Over the last couple decades, Islander’s cork drags have probably caught more salmon than any other system off the coast of British Columbia…And for good reason. The properties of our drag ensure that when even the biggest chinook goes for a run, you have enough stopping power to slow it down and enough smoothness to apply consistent fish fighting pressure.
- Anti-Reverse Handle – Saves your knuckles from blistering runs
- Free Spool Lever – Get your line to depth with the flick of a lever
- Cork Drag – The silky smooth drag that has made Islanders famous across the salmon fishing world
- Right Hand Retrieve – The free spool feature necessitates a single-handed retrieve design
- Machined Out of Aerospace Grade Aluminum – Every Islander reel starts as a solid puck of aluminum before CNC machines turn it into a finished product.
- Hand-Polished Mirror Finish – We spare no detail in crafting the finest reels which is why each reel is buffed by hand to eliminate machine lines and other imperfections.
- Two Year Warranty – Against any failure due to defects in materials or workmanship (see warranty section for full details)
- Made in Canada – Proudly designed, machined, built and tested on Vancouver Island
Limited Two Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2-year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
|Spool Width||0.9 in|
|Capacity*||350 yds of 30# monofilament, no backing required|
|Construction||CNC machined in Canada 6061-T6 solid billet aluminum|
|Clutch System||CNC machined in Canada 7075-T6 hardcoat anodized aluminum clutch with cork drag surface|
|Spindle||CNC machined in Canada 316 bar stock stainless steel|
|Rotation||3 Sealed / double sheilded stainless steel ball bearings|
|Finish||Anodized (All aluminum parts)|
|Assembly||All assembled by hand in Canada.|
* Capacities are subject to the style of the line used.